US Airlines

US Airways or US Airlines is a major U.S. airline owned by the US Airways Group, headquartered in Tempe, Arizona. It operates an extensive international and domestic network, with 198 desinations throughout North America, South America, Europe, and the Middle East. The airline is a member of the Star Alliance Network ande utilizes a fleet of 346 mainline jet aircraft and 285 regional jet and turbo-prop aircraft.

The carrier operates the US Airways Shuttle, a US Airways brand which provides hourly service between Boston, New York and Washington, D.C. Regional airline service is branded as US Airways Express, operated by contract and subsidiary airline companies. As of January 2013, US Airways employed 32,213 people worldwide and operated 3,028 daily flights (1,210 US Airways Mainline, 1,818 US Airways Express).

In February 2013, American Airlines and US Airways announced plans to merge, creating the largest airline in the world. In the deal, which is expected to close in the third quarter of 2013, stakeholders of AMR, American Airlines’ parent, will own 72% of the company. US Airways shareholders will own the remaining 28%. The combined airline will carry the American Airlines name and branding.

The holding company will be renamed American Airlines Group Inc. The US Airways’ management team, including CEO Doug Parker, will retain most operational management positions. The headquarters for the new airline will also be consolidated at American’s current headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas.

The Top US Airlines are selected according to the performance, customer complaints etc. Here is the list of Best US Airlines according to Forbes:

Best US Airlines

Best US Airlines

  1. Jet Blue
  2. Virgin America
  3. Airtran Airways
  4. Delta Airlines
  5. Hawaiian Airlines
  6. Alaska Airlines
  7. Frontier Airlines
  8. Southwest Airlines
  9. US Airways
  10. American Airlines
  11. American Eagle
  12. SkyWest Airlines
  13. ExpressJet
  14. United Airlines

Recently in the World Airlines awards, more than 245 airlines were ranked as top airlines in different categories including Seats and comfort etc. Virgin America got the best seats award. This ranks were according to a survey from SkyTrax where travelers voted for their favorite airline.

Leave a Reply